Greyson is turning 8 on September 30. You know that 8 is a big year. The age that you may be baptized and all the kids look forward to that. Well, Greyson is his daddy's son and he told us about a month ago that he wasn't getting baptized. I panicked and Chris replied when I told him, "Melody, he's just like me. He's going to get baptized, he just wants to do it on his own. I'll talk to him and it will happen. Don't worry." You know me, I am GREAT at worrying, so I tried to not do so well at it, but I did worry. What have I done wrong? Why doesn't my son want to get baptized? What could I have done differently to teach him better? You know the drill.
Well, this morning, Chris called Greyson into the bathroom while we were getting ready and asked him about getting baptized. He was ready and excited to do it and he gave his requests for talks and prayers and music. This boy is so sweet! He filled his program with talks given by the two oldest siblings, prayers by the other 2, music by his mommy and his daddy baptizing him. It brought tears to my eyes.
We can't wait for your big day Greyson!


3 people said:
So glad to hear this! Looking forward to being there.
Mom
My Isaac was that way.... have to let them spread their own wings, sometimes (all the while we are turning grayer by the minute). :)
How exciting!
Post a Comment