Eileen was an AMAZING clarinet player back in the day when I could play the bassoon. We met our freshman year at FSU, both of us were music majors.
I was in the dorm, she was in an apartment our freshman year, and we knew not long after meeting, that we would be great roommates.
In May 1993, we got an apartment.
We laughed. A LOT!
We ate.
We went to school. But Eileen didn't really want to do that, she just wanted to play that clarinet.
We practiced.
We sang.
We did whatever we wanted, but we had fun!
However, in September 1993, Chris and I had our first date. As you know, one month later, we were engaged. Three months after that, it was no longer Eileen and Melody, it was Chris and Melody...
But, it was great while it lasted!
Chris and I hadn't seen Eileen since a few months after we our wedding. She moved from Tallahassee to New York City to study up there.
But, thanks to email and Facebook, we kept up. She was in Florida for work and we were lucky enough for her to be able to come up here and spend the weekend with us.
Just like old times...


3 people said:
That is so awesome...I love it when life swings around for times like that!
I remember.....
It is fabulous catching up with old friends, now isn't it!
Post a Comment