Saturday, December 12, 2009

Party and shop!

Last night Chris and I were able to go to the Carter's home to a Christmas Party. They did not have the party last year, the the two years prior, I was there as a server. Tonight, I got to go as a guest.
Let me just say that Chris and I had an amazing time! The food was superb and the company a blessing to be around! It was a great way to get us in the Christmas spirit.
I know that many of you have followed my blog for years, and if that is the case, you know that Debbie is a DEAR friend of mine. I have been her visiting teacher for ever it seems, and I am so glad about that. I taught second grade with her for 2 wonderful years and when I say taught with her, I mean "WITH" her. We shared a classroom. I taught mornings and Debbie taught afternoons. It was amazing. We never had a glitch and I was sad to go, but baby 5 made it so...
I feel like I am a member of their family for some reason and I know that my life and the life of our family has been blessed by all of their family. I didn't start this post with the intention of sharing all that, but I felt moved to do so. I kinda don't open to many, but with the Carter's, it seems natural. They have all blessed my life!
Okay, enough of that... on to Saturday and shopping!
Debbie Clayton (I only use her last name because I was just talking about Debbie Carter) and I headed to shop this afternoon. We walked around Banana Republic some and then headed to Nordstrom Rack. I am so glad that Debbie was there with me because she really helped me find some cute dresses and a shirt. Now I know, from now on that I must have my shopping assistant with me.
After shopping, we purchased 4 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Yes, you read it right, 4 dozen. We ate every last one before we got home. Just kidding, we only ate 3 a piece and had the rest for our families on Sunday. Aren't we nice?

2 people said:

nanamoo said...

:) Thanks, love you too!

debbie said...

alright Melody what happens at Krispy Kreme is supposed to stay at Krispy Kreme. I have been sharing my weight loss journey on Facebook. If I don't lose weight this week everyone will know my shame