Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

I worked this morning and then took Aislinn, Greyson and Kerstyn to Kohl's for shoes for Aislinn.
Each Christmas, Nana sends us money and I always buy the children tennis shoes. Well, I got everyone shoes that they were happy with, but Aislinn was holding out for 'light up shoes'. She was really firm in her belief that I could find her some that were suitable. I was quite worried because I went to 5 different stores in Tallahassee and could not find her 'light up' shoes in her size. I was trying to convince her that she might want to consider some other shoes, but she was holding out.
We we arrived at Kohl's we went straight to the she department and to my surprise, we found Aislinn the perfect 'light up' shoes in her size. She is tickled!


I also did some quick shopping for Chris. He didn't have any presents under the tree because he really needs some suits and we are going to go shopping for them, but I found some really great deals. I got him 2 Chaps ties that were marked down to $6.oo a piece. I got him 2 pairs of Haggar dress pants that were buy one get one free AND I got him 2 button down shirts that were 80% off and marked down to 9 and 10 dollars a piece. What a deal!

I think that overall, Kohl's was a score!
This evening, we went to a quick dinner at Chili's and then to the Garrett's house to play games, eat and laugh. The Claytons, The Higleys and Mary Gronlund were there. I had a really good time and I was very proud of myself that I stayed up past midnight! Now, I'm not feeling so old... Whew! 'cause I was really getting worried.

Here are 2 shots that Chris got with his phone while we were playing a game. They weren't being very co-operative...

Debbie and Lew. One posing, one not. Of course...


2 people said:

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Kerstyn did have some different shoes I saw then you would pick for her in the Temple picture! Devin thinks she looks different. I hope you had fun shopping and wish I could do the same. I love a deal!

debbie said...

Take down the pictures of that hideous beast. (me)