Sunday, August 30, 2009

Great visit!

I had a little breakdown with the kids this afternoon and turned myself around and wouldn't drive them over to my parent's house to visit. Reed was also in town and I was looking forward to seeing him too.

So, I came back home with them and Chris and I had a LONG talk with all of them about the gospel, how we live our lives, parenting, being a child, the world. All of it.

Mom and Dad loaded up with Reed, Sherry and Cade (Sherry is Reed's girlfriend and Cade is her son) and headed over with the food that they bought for all of us when we were supposed to come over.

They didn't get here until 6:30 or so but the kids were SO happy to see them. I didn't tell them that they were coming so you can imagine their surprise.

I had a wonderful time! It was so nice to see them all and while everyone but Mom and I were sitting at the table I said to the kids, "this is what it is all about. This is why we do what we do. It is about family."

It is.

I love it!

I hope I can make it... :)

2 people said:

Laurel said...

You have such a wonderful family. I think it's great that you get to spend so much time with them. That really is what it's all about.

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

I am glad you updated your blog. I was starting to worry. Have to keep me updated you know.