Friday, September 21, 2007

Close call

Last night we had quite a bout with severe weather. I am truly grateful for some loving friends that called me at 10:33 pm to say "turn on your television, a tornado is on the way"! Well, it would of been nice to turn on my t.v. to see what was going on, but I had NO signal since the bad weather was not far away! Quite distressing!
I then ran into the bedroom where a weather radio was that Chris had just won two days ago at some business thing. I got it out of the package as soon as I could and plugged it in and it started going off immediately! Tornado on the way, with some other sever weather. Well, Chris popped right out of bed when he heard the weather alarm and I was glad since if I needed help grabbing kids, it would sure be faster with two of us instead of just me.
Well, we were blessed and the tornado missed us, but our neighbors around 5 miles away were not so blessed. The tornado did touch down and several buildings/houses were damaged, but I don't think anyone was seriously hurt.
That was an eventful night. It sure was not a good feeling to be hearing the warnings and just praying that all would be OK. However, in my prayers last night after the severe weather passed, I was SURE to thank my Heavenly Father for keeping us safe and blessing me with friends that cared enough to alert us.

0 people said: