Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Released

Aislinn and I went back to Arnold Palmer this morning for a follow up renal ultrasound. Following the ultrasound, Aislinn wanted McDonald's for lunch and then we headed to Dr. Rich's office for her post-operative appointment.


Dr. Rich said that the ultrasound looked good and that she was cleared to go back to school and resume normal activity. Aislinn was very glad that she could go swimming again and take a bath.


Dr. Rich told me that we now "wait and see what happens" and that he needed to see her again in 3 months if there were no problems. He also said that he would do follow-up ultrasounds once a year on her right kidney to monitor its growth. I guess because they removed about a third of it back in December 08, they need to make sure that it keeps growing properly. I was told that the kidney reaches it's full size around puberty.


Right when he was finishing up, we both remarked how Aislinn had been through a lot. He corrected me, and said, "you ALL have been through a lot!"


AMEN!

1 people said:

nanamoo said...

I have been thinking about Aislinn alot. I figured she was fine, but I am glad to have the official word! You have all definitely been through alot.