Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's a go

The surgery coordinator called me this morning and said that Aislinn's urine was fine and that the surgery was good to go ahead. She told us to arrive at Arnold Palmer Hospital by 7 Thursday morning and that the surgery is scheduled to take 2 and a half to 3 hours. The doctor, Dr. Rich, will speak with us before and after the surgery and we will be there for at least 3 days. I'm thinking that given the time of arrival, that she won't be into surgery until around 9 or later. So, it's going to be a long day. She will be in recovery for a little after the surgery and then put in a room.


Chris and I will be at her side the entire time. I'm thinking that it is a blessing and a curse for us knowing how it all goes in a way. We've done this before and we've seen how rough it is on her. I don't like it, not one bit.

She is going to receive a blessing from her father tonight.

1 people said:

Anonymous said...

Mel, she'll do great because she is a survivor!! She has a great deal of desire in her heart to be whole, so I know things will work out for the best!! All our thoughts and prayers are with you and Aislinn. :) Love you!