We had practice in the chapel today for the Children's Sacrament Meeting Presentation. The presentation is on November 11 and we always practice the 2 weeks before in the chapel. The kids ALWAYS complain about how boring it is and that they have to stand up too long, but I kind of agree. It is a long time (2 hours) for practice, and they do have to stand longer than they ever have to, BUT, we have to practice.
I got a call on Saturday night that my music leader was having to go out of town on Sunday to visit her Grandmother who is very ill. Ok, I can handle that. I can do the music, it's not ideal, but we will survive, AS LONG AS my pianist can make it. And, she did, thank goodness.
After church, at the linger longer activity, Debbie Carter came up and asked me how it went. Here was my response, "It was better than I had feared". And it was! We still have another week to practice, and the kids actually did pretty well considering I changed the presentation this past week and ended up assigning talks to the Senior primary.
I was conducting the music to Families Can Be Together Forever and when it was finishing, I looked over at Bobbyn (our pianist) and she was all teared up. That got me going too. The children's voices are so angelic. Then a little later, while the girls were singing the first verse to Love is Spoken Here, I totally lost it! Then the boys, piped up for the second verse and it was just beautiful. I am tearing up as I am writing this, just remembering the sweet spirit as they sang. You must click on the song links and listen to the words if you are not familiar with the songs. They are powerful.
Stay tuned, the kids are going to be just great, I can feel it!
Thursday Yamagandam
2 years ago


0 people said:
Post a Comment