Saturday, April 21, 2007

Trip to the emergency room

I woke him up to take these pictures. He's just sleepy, NOT drugged! :)
Notice the marks all the way down his face. Top of the nose, to the top of the lip. Serious pavement burn too!


After the activity, and after I kind of recovered, the kids were outside riding bikes. I was standing in the kitchen watching them while I unloaded the dishwasher when I saw Lauklan going down. Then, a quick turn to avoid a toy in the driveway ended in an awful crash. I watched him land hard on the pavement, face down and screamed "OH NO!" and went running as fast as I could. Lauklan and I met in the driveway with blood and flesh hanging down. I rushed him back in the house to Chris and Daddy took care of him. After getting him cleaned up, you could tell that his two top teeth went entirely through is top lip! Off to the emergency room we went. Good news however, the sent us off with antibiotics and said that he was very lucky, (we call it blessed) and that if the cut had happened just a little lower, stitches would of been needed, but he would not need them. Lauklan, you were a trooper! We are SO glad that you are going to be okay.

1 people said:

Tricia said...

Oh man, I'm so glad he's OK. That looks terrible. I hope he feels better soon. My mommy heart goes out to you!