
Well, we survived Halloween day and Trick or Treating! Lauklan and Greyson had a Trunk or Treat at their pre-school this morning. Then we all went out as a family in the neighborhood tonight. Since our houses are not too close, Greyson ended up being pushed or carried on top of Chris' shoulders about 1/2 through. The kids got more candy than you can imagine. It might have to find a new home. Needless to say, right at 6 p.m. when the neighborhood had designated the start of Trick or Treating, the kids were standing in the driveway calling for Chris and me to come on. We all had a blast!
It is wonderful to have young children for many reasons. One of them being that all of the magical and fun things that you enjoyed as a child 'come back to life'. I remember how fun this night was, how scared I got, and how I enjoyed eating WAY TOO MUCH candy. These are the memories that make you smile. I am thankful to experience these types of things with our children. I appreciate the opportunity to make memories with them and to be their mother. I wish that I could only be the mother that I strive to be, instead of the mother that I am. I keep trying though, isn't that what counts?
Okay, enough of the mushy stuff... Hope next Halloween is as fun as this one.
Thursday Yamagandam
2 years ago


0 people said:
Post a Comment